The Rande Bridge is the most important civil construction in Galicia, which became a symbol of the region and one of the most photographed spaces. The Rande Strait, which had witnessed the 1702 naval battle between the Anglo-Dutch and Spanish-French teams, joins the municipalities of Moaña and Redondela. Work began on December 17, 1977 and it was opened to traffic on February 7, 1981. The main road has a length of 401 meters. In its day it was one of the longest suspension bridges in the world. Every day around 50,000 vehicles pass through here. Due to the traffic density, an expansion began in 2015 and was completed in December 2018.