The church of Redondela, located at the highest point of the historic center, is dedicated to Apostle James. The primitive set of this religious complex takes them to the first half of the fifteenth century, when this church was erected on another older building that had already been consecrated by the powerful archbishop of Santiago, Diego Gelmírez, in 1114. Over time, the chapels of Saint Sebastian and Saint Benito were added to the original structure, both with a square floor plan and covered with ribbed vaults. They were completed at the end of the fifteenth century. In 1641 the two buttresses in the central part of the apse were raised. In 1714 the sacristy, which has a rectangular floor plan and is covered with a barrel vault. The coat of arms of Redondela appears on it, with the shells turned upside down and the year the work was completed. Outside we must highlight the Rectoral House, rehabilitated according to artisan techniques. This building is dated 1641, according to the heraldic shield on its facade. But the truth is that the primitive house, a few meters from the original, had been destroyed by the French army under Napoleon in 1809.